Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Anna the Walker

Anna had her 1st birthday on November 2nd.

One week and two days later was a day for accomplishments.

Yesterday was a bit of a fussy evening for Miss Anna, but despite the periodic whimpers, she learned quite a bit in the hour between when Momma got home and bedtime.

First things first: When Little Miss was eating dinner, I handed her a spoon despite the potential mess danger involved with such a task. She handled it perfectly. I scooped the food and handed her the spoon. She would then plop her utensil upside down directly onto her taste buds.

She was so proud of herself that she started giving me high-fives (with much prompting from me, of course). It was so stinkin' cute. She would take a bite, high five, then chuckle. Over and over again.

As if that wasn't enough....the next accomplishment.....
DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....

ANNA TOOK HER FIRST STEPS!!!!!

Very reluctantly.

One step. Drop down. Crawl.
One step. Drop down. Crawl.

Chris reset her to standing position several times because she wanted to crawl to her desired destination instead of walk.

But we conquered one step, nonetheless.

We practiced again this morning before work using Momma's cell phone as incentive.

She walked THREE steps this time before dropping to the ground to crawl.

I'm so proud!!!

She'll be walking everywhere before too long.

....And then I'll wonder why in the world I encouraged this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Anna,sorry I was late.I am leaving soon for a trip to Buenos Aires and I hope to find a little something for a beautiful girl.