Sunday, September 7, 2008

Armageddon

The end of the world began swiftly for Kyler as a cascading flood of red drink and ice poured from its Styrofoam container directly down his shirt and pants, into his socks and eventually puddled in his shoes.

The culprit of this misadventure--Anna Faith.

As I leaned over, so Miss Anna could give Kyler a goodbye hug, she grabbed his moist nourishment and caused it to tumble.

Pure accident in an adult's eyes. In Kyler's eyes, Anna did the unforgivable.

In fact, he immediately sprung up out of his chair in disgust. He took off his wet shirt, shorts, socks and shoes and stood there dressed in nothing but anger and a pull up.

As we scurried to unsticky the floor, out of nowhere comes the voice of doom and a shake of the finger. "No, no Anna. That's not nice." He repeated this several times along with "Not nice, Anna. I had to take my clothes off."

We cleaned the mess, all the while chuckling at the disappointed Kyler and his annoyance with his baby cousin.

When we were ready to leave, I asked him. "Are you mad at Anna?" He looked at me as if I was the dumbest person on earth and said, "Um, ya-a."

I told him bye and that Anna loves him and didn't mean to spill his drink. I followed up with, "Are you glad we're leaving." To which, I received the exact same response as the previous question.

Third time's always a charm, so I decided on another question as we exited. "Do you still love Anna?"

"Yes."

But no hugs, kisses or waves goodbye.

No comments: