Some women experience pica during pregnancy, a weird drive to eat the inedible--things like dirt, paper, coal, etc.
I cannot add this to my pregnancy resume.
However, Anna's attraction to the toilet paper roll in our bathroom suggests otherwise.
She is completely fascinated by the Charmin. She pulls small pieces off the roll, rubs it between her fingers, then shoves it directly into her mouth.
And she chews. And chews.
This bubble gum of sorts is a concern for me. I try to keep her away from the prized snack.
I have even resorted to taking the TP off the dispenser and placing it on the countertop. Then, when I think I have the all-clear, I put it back where it belongs.
A few minutes later, my speed demon somehow manages to crawl into the bathroom quicker than I can move. And of course, she goes straight for the toilet paper.
I can't figure out if she likes it because its so easily grasped or if she likes it because she knows it's off limits.
All I know is the bathroom door will have to stay closed to prevent my curious monster from eating any more paper noodles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my gosh..my kids ate toilet paper by the mouthful when they were 2. It's a very healthy snack, really. As long as they stayed away from the drinking fountain (AKA toilet) nearby, I was happy.
Thanks for posting a link button! What an honor!
www.themeanestmom.blogspot.com
Post a Comment