The beautfiul angel that she is--my little Anna Faith woke up yesterday declaring her one true love at the top of her little lungs in the most shrill and ear piercing voice imaginable. The one word I couldn't wait for her to say, she was screaming over and over again. "Momma. Momma! MOMMA!" For some reason, her Daddy couldn't calm her exasperated cries of despair, (which makes no sense since he is her actual true love and knight in shining armour). She wanted her Momma--the sucker. What was wrong, you might ask. And to that I reply, "most likely nothing." I fed her, changed her and did the morning rubbing-of-the-belly-while-patting-the-head-crazy-circus routine to get us ready for the day. A day which includes me going to work and Anna staying at home with Grandma Estella. My little angel was in a decent mood when I left...Then I returned... Hours later. I opened the door to find Grandma looking at her very patient wit's end while Anna Faith was smiling victoriously as if she had won a gold medal in the First Annual Baby Crawling Competition. I knew instantly that my little monster had shown her Grandma her little horns that afternoon. After talking to Estella, we concluded that her problem was probably the invading teeth that are approaching visibility....I gave her tylenol and teething tablets, and my little monster became a little more angelic as the night progressed, though not quite heavenly. And to those teeth I say--GET HERE ALREADY!Wednesday, June 25, 2008
The Monster Awakens
The beautfiul angel that she is--my little Anna Faith woke up yesterday declaring her one true love at the top of her little lungs in the most shrill and ear piercing voice imaginable. The one word I couldn't wait for her to say, she was screaming over and over again. "Momma. Momma! MOMMA!" For some reason, her Daddy couldn't calm her exasperated cries of despair, (which makes no sense since he is her actual true love and knight in shining armour). She wanted her Momma--the sucker. What was wrong, you might ask. And to that I reply, "most likely nothing." I fed her, changed her and did the morning rubbing-of-the-belly-while-patting-the-head-crazy-circus routine to get us ready for the day. A day which includes me going to work and Anna staying at home with Grandma Estella. My little angel was in a decent mood when I left...Then I returned... Hours later. I opened the door to find Grandma looking at her very patient wit's end while Anna Faith was smiling victoriously as if she had won a gold medal in the First Annual Baby Crawling Competition. I knew instantly that my little monster had shown her Grandma her little horns that afternoon. After talking to Estella, we concluded that her problem was probably the invading teeth that are approaching visibility....I gave her tylenol and teething tablets, and my little monster became a little more angelic as the night progressed, though not quite heavenly. And to those teeth I say--GET HERE ALREADY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You just gotta love teething. =) That is the cutest stinking picture. She is so cute.
Post a Comment