Thursday, August 7, 2008

Andre


When I was pregnant, I jokingly told the OB nurse we were going to name the baby Andre because she would most likely be a giant. Her legs went all the way to my lungs and her head felt like it was falling out. The nurse reassured me she just felt big because my torso was so small.


Several months later....


I took Anna for her 9 month checkup yesterday. I told the Pedi nurse, with a sense of humor, that I didn't need her to chart Anna's weight and length because I already knew she was big for her age. She then proceeded to place the dots along the curve and abruptly stated, "You're right, Momma. She is a giant."


Confirmed. Finally. The doctor's office even admits it.


Anna looks like she is a year old already. She is 29 inches long--almost 2.5 feet--and in the 95 percentile for her height! By the time she's 2, I'll have to look up to her. She is 20 lbs, 12 oz which is in the 75 percentile.


Dr. Galeano asked me if my husband was tall. I laughed and said, "No, and he doesn't have blue eyes either."


But she does have his always-up-to-something personality.




No comments: