Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mashed Mask

Those without children are probably unfamiliar with any Barney song. Lucky for me, I have a child who loves the annoying purple blob and his cohorts P.J. and Baby Bop.

One song is constantly stuck in my head due to the torturous dinosaur adventures.

If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops, oh what a rain that would be...

Most kids would probably agree whole heartedly with this tune. Except for my little Anna Faith.

Her tune would probably sport the lyrics:

If all the raindrops were mashed potatoes, oh what a rain that would be...


This weekend, she discovered the wonderful world of carbohydrates--and she loved it.

While making shepherd's pie for lunch, I was trying to keep her patient a little longer, so I did what any parent would do. I bribed her with food -- a small scoop of mush directly plopped onto her high chair. I turned my back for a moment, only to be surprised by this:

She was so proud of herself.

I laughed hysterically.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You let her feed herself?! I have not been that brave yet. I don't like messes!

Ashley