Cute, happy baby will moments later turn into a crying mess.
Anna started eating table foods independently this weekend, which is a quite a fun and interesting experience. Only half of the goods make it into her mouth. The other half end up in her high chair, on the floor or on her, whether it be in her hair, on her face or in between her toes. Yes, I said it, in between her toes. Don't ask me how she does it. She's just talented.
With her newfound food freedom, Anna Faith gets three quick baths a day simply because it is much easier than wiping her down with a half pack of moist wipes as she is squirming in forty different directions.
Yesterday, immediately following a spaghetti lunch, I thought it would be much easier to drop her in the sink for a quick rinse instead of tracking her and all of her noodle remnants through the house to the bathroom.
Great in theory.
Although she had fun in the miniature tub for a while, Anna suddenly slid and slammed her face into its cast iron side.
My poor baby cried and cried. Then I, big, mean Momma, had to put her back into danger zone to wash the layers of soap off accumulated during her play.
She had a shiner for the remainder of the night. I felt for sure she would look like a bruised beast this morning, but there is almost no sign of the catastrophic fall.
Despite the drama, I did get a cute picture out of it.
Despite the drama, I did get a cute picture out of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment