Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

My daughter is genious. Pure genious.


At the ripe old age of 8 1/2 months, she has discovered a new delicacy.


Unlike every other breakfast flake, this treat is served with a side of water instead of milk. Even more out of the ordinary--it is served at ground level instead of the normal table top.


Imagine the absolute delight in Anna's eyes when she saw a sea of finger foods screaming Come And Get Me.

With one problem. It wasn't cereal. That's right. You guessed it.

Anna has officially eaten dog food--Pedigree Indoor Complete to be exact. Located in an irrestistibily brightly colored dog bowl rests breakfast, lunch and dinner for Junior and Dexter. And apparently Anna.

After prying the kibbles from her hands and mouth, my daughter was not a happy camper. However, like every other child, she was easily distracted.

By none other than---real Cheerios.

I guess I won't be setting her on the floor while I take a quit potty break in the future.

Geez.

No comments: