In walks Mr. E-PRM. He enters into the office, sits down in front of my desk and immediately proceeds to tell me about the mole he just had burned off his ear and much more. His full disclosure was icing on an already crumbling cake.
I try to be professional. Sometimes it doesn't work.
I understand this is not funny to most, but he, once again, played into the predictability he constantly carries with him. I could barely hold back the flood of brewing humor in my gut.
And then...
A diversion from previous conversation.
In his youth, Mr. E-PRM did a very good impression of an actor from the first motion picture with sound. The details continued as if I had ample time to listen in awe. I was trying with all of my might not to burst into a fit of confused why-are-you-telling-me-this laughter when he broke into his impression. A song.
He was born in the twenties, and he was performing his Jay Leno, George W. Bush, Rosanne Barr impression of his era. I guess he thought this portrait of his personal history would interest me. What was most difficult for me when trying not to laugh was his straight faced sincerity. He was pouring his heart out.
I laughed--out of shock...mole talk, now this? What else could come out of this man's well-intentioned mouth?
Today, July 1st, 2008, I learned the value of We laughed until we cried.
Of course, we waited for him to leave.
Barely.

No comments:
Post a Comment