Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Intermittent Heartbreak

It's official.

I broke Anna's heart into a million tiny little pieces this morning.

For the first time ever, Anna started the waterworks when I left for work. I knew this day would come, but nothing could prepare me.

I know Grandma Estella can handle her just fine, but who wants to leave their crying, pathetically sad child?

I told her goodbye with a hug and a kiss and another hug, then snuck out the door squelching the overwhelming urge to stay.

I called Chris a few minutes later to make sure my distraught daughter was okay.

He reassured me, "Ya, she's fine. She only cried for about 5 seconds."

Then my heartbreak began.

Really? I'm only worth 5 seconds?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least she gives you 5 seconds. Kirsten is so excited about food, that she doesn't even look at me when I drop her off. If I get in between her and her morning snack she starts screaming for me to leave. =)