Monday, July 7, 2008

Mother of the Year


I have chameleoned my daughter orange.

I was warned but didn't listen.

For those of you who don't know, most baby foods with a meat/veggie combination are tinted orange or yellow. If a baby gets too much of this color spectrum, his or her skin tone will take on the same shade.

I didn't think anything about my potential error since I was mainly focused on the general nutritional intake of her daily meals.

And then...while Uncle Troy-Troy was pointing out how my legs are so white I look transparent, he proclaimed another truth: Anna looked a little orange.

Then it hit me. Like a ton of bricks.

Oh, my gosh. I'm turning her colors!!!

Don't get me wrong. She won't pass for a piece of fruit, a construction cone or a caution sign, but her new hue is somewhat noticeable if pointed out.

So last night, I loaded her up, took her to Brookshire's, and bought green. Tons of green. Broccoli, peas, green beans, garden vegetables. Anything but orange.

Bless her heart. She'll go back to normal in a few days.

I wonder when they are giving out the Mother of the Year Award. This should definitely make me a candidate.

1 comment:

auntie said...

Nice, I learned something after having three sons! But, of course we all know that they were very picky eaters and if they ate anything orange it probably would of been a popsicle! But, I will pass this onto Joe and Jamie in case they didn't know this bit of triva!! At first I thougth you were going to say that you put some of that self-tanner on little Anna - NOW - That would of been Mother of the Year!