Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sleep is Overrated

What was I doing at 2:00 this morning? I'm so glad you asked.

While most of you were probably fast asleep lost in dreamland, I was trying to quiet a screaming child who is still cutting her first tooth. Chris was fast asleep, snoring, in fact. The dogs were rustling around wanting to go outside.

Why not, right? I'm not busy enough.

Let's see if I can hold onto a wailing child, a bottle and my sanity all while turning the back doorknob to let the four legged creatures outside just so they can obnoxiously bark to wake the entire neighborhood.

I finally got the dogs settled, the child asleep and me back in bed...at 3:30 a.m.!


Oh, the joys of motherhood!

2 comments:

auntie said...

Yes, I have to agree. After having three sons, I don't think I finally started getting a full nights sleep until the last, Matt was in third grade. Then you know those teenage years aren't too far away and it starts all over again. Sooo, think long and hard about having that next one!!! J/K - have three, four or five; your parents will love all the grandkids!

auntie said...

Oh by the way - auntie is Aunt Debbie. I signed it the first time and then had to go thru all this sign up stuff and forgot to sign my real name! Love your blog by the way, very interesting. I think you could be a writer!!